Saturday, March 28, 2009

Your Own Argument

I most definitely agree with the end decision. I do think religion being separate from state ensures the freedoms of society. I do not want to speak bad about religion or its practice. But the only thing I have a SERIOUS problem with is religious Christians or Catholic beliefs that state they leave no room for belief in another god, that there god is a jealous god. And they do not recognize any who do not believe in there god and look down on all other faiths and non faiths. Or that if I do not believe in their god I will go to hell. OOH that’s a great scare tactic. That’s how entire governments keep their citizens at bay, through fear. So that mentality I have a problem with. But going to church having coffee with like friends or listening to an inspirational sermon, I have no problem there. Not even with saying a good night prayer or reciting Hail Mary’s, whatever helps you get through the day. Keyword: YOU… not me. I get my own choices in life and I love my country for that! My Case Argument would have to be how local governments supersede national law. Or how can they pass a law that is not first approved by a national standard in the first place? Why can any local government make it’s laws and then the wait for the test of time to finally allow for justice? I’m sure there are reasons the courts don’t work in reverse but in this case I think the Supreme Court judges could see the real problem for what it was because it wasn’t their City, State, or Town. So then again, what if it was? Would they still see it from the outside looking in?

No comments:

Post a Comment